About Your Donations
The life-changing programs of Operation Surf are made possible by contributions from people like you. Our community-based programs are at no cost to our veterans. There are many ways to donate and support our injured military and veterans. The most immediate way to support our mission is by donating online. We ensure that your gift will go to the greatest need.
To make an online donation, please click the link below and consider making your gift a monthly reoccurring gift.
How much does it cost to put a veteran through Operation Surf?
For our veterans we serve, Operation Surf programs are at no cost to them. We invite them to continue their journey long after the program is complete through various opportunities. It costs an average of $5,000 to put a veteran through our programs and provide ongoing care.
If you are interested in sponsoring a veteran through our programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I give in-kind donations or what other ways can I support?
Yes. Below are a few options to help support our mission in a way that fits anyone’s capacity to give.
- Shop our Amazon Wishlist to provide supplies and equipment needed for programs.
- Shop with Amazon Smile and choose Operation Surf as your charity of choice.
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser and ask family and friends to join in support of Operation Surf’s mission.
- Donate Shell or Chevron gas cards for program operations.
- Types of items we can’t use, but you can still help by reselling these items and donate the proceeds for the greatest impact.
- Surf Boards – For safety purposes, we use foam boards.
- Additional Surfing Equipment
- For additional in-kind donations, please contact us by calling our team at (805) 544-7873 or by email at email@example.com
Can I make a recurring donation?
Yes. Recurring donations are incredibly valuable to continue to serve our mission.
To make a recurring donation, please submit your gift through our online donation link. Any questions about your account or adjustments can be made at any time by calling us at (805)544-7873.
Can I mail my gift?
Yes. Please send your check to Operation Surf at:
San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
Once your donation is received we will send your tax receipt. You will want to retain this for tax purposes.
“This has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. Lifetime memories and bonds were made. This wasn’t just a surfing trip, for me this was a group of people fighting individual battles coming together, sharing experiences and unconditional love. I’m leaving with more confidence in myself than I came with.”
“I am so grateful and humbled to have had the experience and met the people I have met. The healing powers of the ocean should never be taken lightly or for granted. This experience changed me, and I couldn’t be more thankful than I am right now!”
“I had decided to check surfing off my bucket list and after I got back I was going to kill myself. While I was at Operation Surf there was this sense of peace that came over me and I realized my life wasn’t mine to take. If something like surfing can bring peace to my life then I should live on and try to help as many other veterans as possible.”